Jefferson College of Health Sciences is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate and masters degrees, and, effective fall 2016, to award doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Jefferson College of Health Sciences.
Jefferson College of Health Sciences is certified by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to operate campuses in Virginia.
In addition to institutional accreditation, the following programs maintain professional accreditation and/or approval:
- The Emergency Health Sciences-Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) (1361 Park Street Clearwater, FL 33756 Phone: 727-210-2350), in collaboration with the Committee on Accreditation for Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP) (4101 W. Green Oaks Blvd. Suite 305-599 Arlington, TX 76016, phone 817-330-0080).
- The Emergency Services program is also accredited by the Virginia Department of Health Office of Emergency Medical Services (VAOEMS) (109 Governor Street, Suite UB-55 Richmond, VA 23219, phone 1-800-523-6019).
The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Jefferson College of Health Sciences are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
- The Pre-licensure Baccalaureate Nursing program and Accelerated Baccalaureate Nursing program is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing. Virginia Board of Nursing, Perimeter Center, 9960 Maryland Drive, Suite 300, Richmond Virginia 23233-1463, Phone: 804- 367-4515, Fax: (804) 527-4455, Complaints: (800) 533-1560, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web site: http://www.dhp.state.va.us/nursing.
- The Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, P.O. Box 31220, Bethesda, Maryland, 20824-1220. AOTA’s phone number is (301) 652-2682. Upon graduation from this program graduates must sit for a national registry exam administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). Their offices are located at 12 S. Summit Avenue, Suite 100, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20877-4150. NBCOT’s phone number is (301) 990-7979.
- The Physical Therapist Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, Phone: 703/684-3245, e-mail: email@example.com, website: http://www.capteonline.org.
- The Physician Assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARCPA), 12000 Findley Rd. Suite 240 Duluth, GA 30097, Phone 770-476-1224.
- The Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC), 1248 Harwood Road, Bedford, Texas 76021-4244, Phone 817-283-2835.
- The Medical Laboratory Science Program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119. Website: www.naacls.org.