Jefferson College of Health Sciences is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Jefferson College of Health Sciences.
Jefferson College of Health Sciences is certified by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to operate campuses in Virginia.
In addition to institutional accreditation, the following programs maintain professional accreditation and/or approval:
- The Emergency Health Sciences-Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) (1361 Park Street Clearwater, FL 33756 Phone: 727-210-2350), in collaboration with the Committee on Accreditation for Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP) (4101 W. Green Oaks Blvd. Suite 305-599 Arlington, TX 76016, phone 817-330-0080).
- The Emergency Services program is also accredited by the Virginia Department of Health Office of Emergency Medical Services (VAOEMS) (109 Governor Street, Suite UB-55 Richmond, VA 23219, phone 1-800-523-6019).
The baccalaureate degree in Nursing and master's degree in Nursing at Jefferson College of Health Sciences are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
- The Pre-licensure Baccalaureate Nursing program and Accelerated Baccalaureate Nursing program is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing. Virginia Board of Nursing, Perimeter Center, 9960 Maryland Drive, Suite 300, Richmond Virginia 23233-1463, Phone: 804- 367-4515, Fax: (804) 527-4455, Complaints: (800) 533-1560, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web site: http://www.dhp.state.va.us/nursing.
- The Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, P.O. Box 31220, Bethesda, Maryland, 20824-1220. AOTA’s phone number is (301) 652-2682. Upon graduation from this program graduates must sit for a national registry exam administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). Their offices are located at 12 S. Summit Avenue, Suite 100, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20877-4150. NBCOT’s phone number is (301) 990-7979.
- The Physical Therapist Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, Phone: 703/684-3245, e-mail: email@example.com, website: http://www.capteonline.org.
- The Physician Assistant Program was originally accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), the recognized accrediting agency for physician assistant education, in 1997. The current accreditation status granted by the ARC-PA to Jefferson College of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program is Accreditation-Continued. This status is granted to established programs that are in compliance with accreditation Standards. According to the ARC-PA definition, a status of accreditation-continued will remain in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards, ARC-PA requirements or procedures. The next accreditation review of the Jefferson College of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program is currently planned for March 2023.
- The Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC), 1248 Harwood Road, Bedford, Texas 76021-4244, Phone 817-283-2835.
- The Medical Laboratory Science Program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119. Website: www.naacls.org.