The RN to BSN Track is designed to provide registered nurses the opportunity to obtain a bachelor of science degree in nursing in preparation for professional leadership and career enhancement. Admitted students are provided with a faculty advisor who will help them develop a plan of study that is based on their individual transcripts. This distance learning program builds upon previous education and experiences of registered nurses and features personalized advisement, support and convenient course scheduling. This allows RN students to continue to work while they pursue their educational objectives. Most RN to BSN students shorten their plan of study by transferring prerequisite and elective courses from other accredited colleges and universities, challenging courses, holding a nursing certification, and/or through prior learning assessments. JCHS awards advanced placement credits to RNs once their foundational knowledge has been verified through satisfactory performance in specified upper division nursing courses. Students must complete 40 credit hours at JCHS. Although most RN to BSN students work full-time and choose to take classes on a part-time basis, some students opt to be full-time students. All students must complete the program of study within five years of beginning upper division nursing courses.
This innovative and working healthcare professional-friendly program offers:
- The opportunity to build on an Associate Nursing Degree or Diploma nursing programs.
- Convenient online course scheduling allowing students to work while pursuing educational objectives.
- All courses by distance learning to increase flexibility.
- Clinical experiences arranged by the student and, once approved, can be completed on a flexible schedule in the student's community.
- Individualized faculty advising for all nursing students.
- Small class sizes that enhance student/faculty relationships.
- Attractive financial aid options.
Tau Phi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International
Bachelor of science in nursing and masters of science in nursing students at Jefferson College of Health Sciences have the opportunity to join the Tau Phi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International.
Click here to learn more about the Tau Phi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International.