- To learn more about the faculty and staff of the Medical Laboratory Science Program, click here.
- To see Jefferson College of Health Sciences Catalog, with the Medical Laboratory Sciences section beginning on page 109, click here.
Laboratory tests play an important role in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of many diseases. Medical Laboratory Scientists perform these tests in conjunction with pathologists and other physicians or scientists who specialize in clinical chemistry, microbiology or other biological sciences.
Medical Laboratory Scientists also develop data on the blood, tissues and fluids of the human body by using a variety of precision instruments and techniques. As with all scientific work, Medical Laboratory Scientists assume responsibility and are held accountable for accurate results.
The mission of the Medical Laboratory Science Program is to prepare ethical, knowledgeable, competent, and caring laboratory scientists who possess a broad knowledge base in the laboratory science field and are prepared to provide excellent patient care to a diverse population of individuals.
Medical Laboratory Science Vision:
Graduates of the Jefferson College of Health Sciences Medical Laboratory Science Program will be employees of choice for the medical, research and reference laboratory fields.
Graduates of the Jefferson College of Health Sciences Medical Laboratory Science Program will be nationally recognized as employees of choice for the medical, research and reference laboratory fields.
- Three Year Average Graduation Rate Percentage: 100%
- Three Year Average Placement Rate Percentage: 100%
- Three Year Average BOC Pass Rate Percentage: 73%
- Click here for the general information on admissions requirements.