To see the Bachelor of Science in Nursing section in the JCHS Catalog, click here.
This track is designed for individuals with undergraduate baccalaureate degrees in other disciplines to transition into nursing. Accelerated baccalaureate programs accomplish programmatic objectives in a shorter time by building on previous learning experiences. Instruction is intense with courses offered full-time, providing students the opportunity to earn a BSN degree at JCHS in 4 semesters (16 months.) Due to the full-time demands of this program, it is strongly recommended that students not work while enrolled in the nursing courses.
“Graduates of accelerated programs are prized by nurse employers who value the many layers of skill and education these graduates bring to the workplace. Employers report that these graduates are more mature, possess strong clinical skills, and are quick studies on the job.” (www.aacn.nche.edu)
The curriculum is designed to integrate academic and clinical experiences across the lifespan and in a variety of acute care and community settings. Students are prepared for entry into nursing practice and will take the NCLEX-RN examination for RN licensure following graduation. All students must complete the program of study within five years of beginning the nursing courses.
Jefferson College of Health Sciences is an affiliate of Carilion Clinic, which was awarded Magnet Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). It is the highest honor a hospital can receive for quality nursing. Carilion Clinic provides excellent opportunities for a wide variety of clinical experiences throughout the nursing program.
- Undergraduate baccalaureate degree required for admission
- Builds on previous learning experiences.
- Accomplishes programmatic objectives in a shorter time
- Integrated classroom, laboratory and clinical experiences
- Excellent preparation for entry into the profession of nursing
- Graduates are eligible to take NCLEX-RN examination for RN licensure
- Attractive financial aid options available for all students
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Writing sample on the following topic:
- "Please describe your motivation for pursuing a BSN degree and why you want to do so at Jefferson College of Health Sciences." Submissions should be one page or less, double spaced, 12-point font.
- Application Deadline:
- Fall cohort - January 15th
- Spring cohort - July 1st
Bachelor of science in nursing and masters of science in nursing students at Jefferson College of Health Sciences have the opportunity to join the Tau Phi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International. Click here to learn more.