- To learn more about the faculty and staff of the Nursing Program, click here.
- To see Jefferson College of Health Sciences Catalog, with the Bachelor of Science in Nursing section beginning on page 118, click here.
The pre-licensure BSN track is designed to provide students the opportunity to obtain a bachelor of science degree in nursing in preparation for a professional nursing career. The pre-licensure BSN track is offered in a collegiate setting in which all students are pursuing degrees in the health sciences. In addition, students have the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary forum to develop broader understanding of the healthcare system.
The curriculum is designed to integrate academic and clinical experiences across the lifespan and in a variety of acute care and community settings. Students are prepared for entry into nursing practice and will take the NCLEX-RN examination for RN licensure following graduation. All students must complete the program of study within five years of beginning the nursing courses.
Jefferson College of Health Sciences is an affiliate of Carilion Clinic, which was awarded Magnet Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). It is the highest honor a hospital can receive for quality nursing. Carilion Clinic provides excellent opportunities for a wide variety of clinical experiences throughout the nursing program.
NCLEX-RN Pass Rates:
- NCLEX-RN 2016 first-time pass rate: 88.4% National average 84.57%
- NCLEX-RN 2015 first-time pass rate: 84.75% National average 84.53%
- NCLEX-RN 2014 first-time pass rate: 76.2% National average 81.78%
- NCLEX-RN 2013 first-time pass rate: 81.2% National average 83.04%
- NCLEX-RN 2012 first-time pass rate: 96.72% National average 90.34%
- Students who have failed two prior nursing courses are not eligible for admission until after a two-year period has elapsed since the last nursing course failure.
- Click here for the general information on admissions requirements.
- Students may be accepted as freshman or transfer as sophomores on a space available basis
- No previous college or health care experience required for admission
- Develop a strong background in sciences and liberal arts
- Integrated classroom, laboratory and clinical experiences
- Excellent preparation for entry into the profession of nursing
- Graduates are eligible to take NCLEX-RN examination for RN licensure
- Attractive financial aid options available for all students
Bachelor of science in nursing and masters of science in nursing students at Jefferson College of Health Sciences have the opportunity to join the Tau Phi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International. Click here to learn more.