For more information, contact Sarah Higginbotham, JCHS VOICE Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Take Back the Night
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Join us as we take a stand together to end violence and celebrate the spirit of survival.
Speakers for TBTN include:
- Dr. Nathaniel L. Bishop, President, Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- Rosemary Trible, Founder of the Fear2Freedom Program
- Gil Harrington
- Representatives from Carilion Clinic’s Forensic Nursing Department
- Sergeant Will Drake from the Roanoke City Police Department
- Teresa Berry, Executive Director of SARA, Inc.
- Susan Booth, JCHS Campus Safety Advisor
- A survivor speaker
Schedule of Events:
- 5 p.m.: Refreshments
- 5:30 p.m.: Ceremony Begins, including Special Guest Speakers
- 6 p.m.: Awareness Walk to the Patrick Henry
- 6:30 p.m.: Fear 2 Freedom Kit Assembly for victims of sexual assault in our community
- 7:30 p.m.: Conclusion
This project was supported by grant # 2008-WA-AX-0005 awarded by the Violence Against Women Office, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice. Points of view in this document are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.