Your loved one is completing their final classes at Jefferson College of Health Sciences and we look forward to seeing you at our Jefferson College Commencement Ceremony on Friday, May 4, 2018 at 10 a.m. at the Berglund Center in Roanoke. Here is some important information you need to know about the event.
Please note: if you or a fellow guest needs any special accommodations for our Commencement event, please contact Mark Lambert, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, at (540) 985-9031 ahead of the ceremony.
Below are frequently asked questions about commencement ceremonies at Jefferson College of Health Sciences. If you have a question that is not addressed on this page, Call the Office of the Registrar at (540) 224-4492 or the Office of Communications & College Relations at (540) 985-9031.
Click on a link below to skip to a question and answer.
- Is there a limit to how many guests a graduate may invite?
- How long does the ceremony last?
- Is parking free?
- Where do guests go to attend commencement?
- Will there be accommodations for guests with disabilities attending the ceremony?
- Can I approach the stage to take photos or film me during the ceremony?
- Where can I find inclement weather information regarding commencement?
Where do guests go to attend commencement?
Guests should go directly to the Special Events Center the across the plaza and through the glass doors. Greeters there can offer assistance to those requiring it. An elevator just inside the entrance leads directly to the seating level for anyone needing to avoid stairs.
Will there be accommodations for guests with disabilities attending the ceremony?
Yes. Our greeters and ushers can assist all guests with disabilities attending the ceremony. Special seating arrangements can be made upon notice and an elevator just inside the entrance leads directly to the seating level for anyone needing to avoid stairs.
No. All guests attending the commencement ceremonies must remain in the seating area for their safety as well as the safety of those participating in the exercises. Photographs of graduates as they cross the stage and accept their diplomas will be taken by a professional photographer at the event. Graduates will be contacted by this photographer via their college e-mail accounts with the opportunity to purchase their photos after the ceremony.
All notices about inclement weather that could affect the commencement ceremony will be provided in the following ways:
- Via the Inclement Weather Information page on the Commencement at Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hub.
- Through students' jchs.edu college e-mail account.
- On the college website at www.jchs.edu as a notice at the top of every page on the site.