Admissions awards are awarded during the admissions process and are contingent on the follow criteria:
- Must be enrolled Full-Time (12+ for Undergraduate Student, 9+ for Graduate Students)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
If you have a question regarding your admissions award please contact your admissions counselor.
Educational Foundation Scholarships
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED upon enrollment at Jefferson College.
- Enroll in a minimum of six (6) credits, unless the scholarship you are applying for requires you to enroll full-time. Full-time enrollment is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester for undergraduate students and 9 credits per semester for graduate students.
- For specific scholarship information please see the 2017-2018 Scholarship Descriptions.
Merit Scholarship for Biomedical Sciences Students
The Biomedical Sciences Program is offering a merit scholarship to students who pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences. The merit scholarship can cover up to the full cost of tuition at Jefferson College of Health Sciences after any other tuition-specific grants and scholarships have been applied. The scholarship is renewable for all four undergraduate years, provided that the student maintains an appropriate academic record and complies with the terms of the scholarship. Merit Scholars are also eligible for up to $1500 to support research each academic year. Exceptional high school students are invited to apply. For more information about the Biomedical Sciences program, click here.
Alumni Graduate Studies Scholarship
Created in 2016 by the Jefferson College of Health Sciences Education Foundation, the Alumni Graduate Studies Scholarship supports tuition, fees, books, and other related expenses for a student(s) enrolled in the Jefferson College School of Graduate and Professional Studies. Recipients must have received an A.S., A.A.S, or B.S. from Jefferson College and demonstrate financial need. Priority will be given to those students with an outstanding undergraduate academic record at Jefferson College with substantial professional and community involvement. Students receiving Tuition Advancement from Carilion Clinic are not eligible for this funding. This scholarship is offered through the Education Foundation scholarship process detailed above.