Fitness Center Release and Prox Access Forms
Orientation and Access
Access to the JCHS Fitness Center is available to the College Community, including students, faculty and staff.
If you do not have Fitness Center privileges, complete and return the above forms to the Student Affairs staff. After this, you will be allowed access to the JCHS Fitness Center. Once you have privileges, your prox card will allow you access to use the Fitness Center.
Hours of Operation
In general, the JCHS Fitness Center is open 24/7 while College is in session. During the academic term, the Fitness Center may be closed for short periods if the Health & Exercise Science Class is conducting a laboratory. In such cases, these closures will be noted on the Fitness Center door.
The following dress code is established for your comfort and safety as well as the comfort and safety of those around you. Please observe the following guidelines. The determination of appropriate dress is ultimately left to the discretion of the JCHS Student Affairs Staff. If your attire is determined to be unacceptable, you will be asked to change before exercising.
- Shoes (Tennis, Jogging, Walking, Aerobic etc.) are REQUIRED!
- Shirts are REQUIRED!
- Please refrain from wearing street clothes with exposed buttons, zippers, or buckles that might damage equipment.
The intent of this dress code is to maintain as comfortable an atmosphere for everyone as possible.
Check In and Check Out Procedures
It is your responsibility to check yourself in and out of the Fitness Center (see Orientation and Access above). After obtaining the Fitness Center access card, please sign in and sign out on the log maintained at the desk in the Fitness Center. If you are working out and have not logged in, Student Affairs Staff will ask you to stop and log in to the Fitness Center.
We strongly recommend that you secure all personal items. The College is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Items left for a period of time in the Fitness Center will be taken to College Security.
Bring your own workout towel, as they are not provided. Paper towels and spray cleaner are available to clean off equipment.
Food and Drink
PLEASE no food or drink (other than water) in the Fitness Center. If you do bring your own water, use a sport bottle or similar spill proof container.
Exercise Equipment Use and Care
Please note and adhere to the following Exercise Equipment Use and Care Guidelines. We hope these guidelines will make everyone’s experience here at the JCHS Fitness Center more effective, efficient, enjoyable and comfortable.
Exercise Equipment Use and Care Guidelines
- In an effort to promote both time efficiency and exercise effectiveness for all Fitness Center users at JCHS we request that you adhere to the following guidelines for use of exercise equipment.
- The purpose of posting these guidelines is not to create a hard and fast policy. Rather we hope it will increase your comfort level when interacting with your fellow exercisers.
- Our intent is to make it easier for the majority to move through their workouts in as timely a manner as possible. If any individual has any questions or concerns please feel free to discuss them with the Student Life Staff.
- If you are doing multiple sets on a piece of equipment please allow others to “work in” with you or trade sets.
- It is appropriate fitness center etiquette to ask politely if you can work in with someone on a piece of equipment. Normal courtesy is to accommodate the request.
- If you are “working in” with another person, please consider that they may be on a timed recovery schedule between sets. Normal courtesy is to accommodate their schedule.
Cardiovascular Equipment Guidelines
- If others are waiting please limit your time on each machine to 30 minutes.
- Users need not feel rushed to relinquish their machine prior to 30 minutes unless they choose to do so.
- It is appropriate fitness center etiquette to ask politely how much longer the user will be on a cardiovascular machine. Normal courtesy is to let them know so they can plan their workout accordingly.
Towels and Perspiration
Please use a workout towel to keep yourself more comfortable and control excess perspiration. Disinfectant cleaning solution and paper towels are provided. Please clean up any perspiration you may leave on any machine. Your fellow exercisers will appreciate it! :-)
JCHS Fitness Center Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Where is the JCHS Fitness Center Located?
A: The Fitness Center is located at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital (CRCH) on the 4th floor.
Q: Where are the shower and changing rooms located?
A: It is located on the 2nd floor of Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital.
Q: How do I obtain access to use the JCHS Fitness Center?
A: If you do not have Fitness Center privileges, complete and return the waiver and prox access return form to the Student Affairs office. After this, you will be allowed access. Once you have privileges, your prox card will give you access to the facility.