Access to the Jefferson College fitness center, called the Momentum Fit Studio, is available to the College community, including students, faculty and staff.
If you do not have fitness center privileges, please visit the Student Affairs office to fill out an application and waiver. After this, your prox card will be activated for the Momentum Fit Studio.
Hours of Operation
In general, the Momentum Fit Studio is open 24/7 while College is in session. During the academic term, the fitness center may be closed for short periods if the Health & Exercise Science Class is conducting a laboratory. In such cases, these closures will be noted on the fitness center door.
The following dress code is established for your comfort and safety as well as the comfort and safety of those around you. Please observe the following guidelines. The determination of appropriate dress is ultimately left to the discretion of the JCHS Student Affairs Staff. If your attire is determined to be unacceptable, you will be asked to change before exercising.
- Shoes (Tennis, Jogging, Walking, Aerobic etc.) are REQUIRED!
- Shirts are REQUIRED!
- Please refrain from wearing street clothes with exposed buttons, zippers, or buckles that might damage equipment.
The intent of this dress code is to maintain as comfortable an atmosphere for everyone as possible.
We strongly recommend that you secure all personal items. The College is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Items left for a period of time in the Fitness Center will be taken to College Security.
Bring your own workout towel, as they are not provided. Paper towels and spray cleaner are available to clean off equipment.
Food and Drink
PLEASE no food or drink (other than water) in the Momentum Fit Studio. If you do bring your own water, use a sport bottle or similar spill proof container.
Exercise Equipment Use and Care
Please note and adhere to the following Exercise Equipment Use and Care Guidelines. We hope these guidelines will make everyone’s experience at the Momentum Fit Studio more effective, efficient, enjoyable and comfortable.
Exercise Equipment Use and Care Guidelines
- In an effort to promote both time efficiency and exercise effectiveness for all fitness center users at Jefferson, we request that you adhere to the following guidelines for use of exercise equipment.
- The purpose of posting these guidelines is not to create a hard and fast policy. Rather we hope it will increase your comfort level when interacting with your fellow exercisers.
- Our intent is to make it easier for the majority to move through their workouts in as timely a manner as possible. If any individual has any questions or concerns please feel free to discuss them with the Student Life Staff.
- If you are doing multiple sets on a piece of equipment please allow others to “work in” with you or trade sets.
- It is appropriate fitness center etiquette to ask politely if you can work in with someone on a piece of equipment. Normal courtesy is to accommodate the request.
- If you are “working in” with another person, please consider that they may be on a timed recovery schedule between sets. Normal courtesy is to accommodate their schedule.
Cardiovascular Equipment Guidelines
- If others are waiting please limit your time on each machine to 30 minutes.
- Users need not feel rushed to relinquish their machine prior to 30 minutes unless they choose to do so.
- It is appropriate fitness center etiquette to ask politely how much longer the user will be on a cardiovascular machine. Normal courtesy is to let them know so they can plan their workout accordingly.
Towels and Perspiration
Please use a workout towel to keep yourself more comfortable and control excess perspiration. Disinfectant cleaning solution and paper towels are provided. Please clean up any perspiration you may leave on any machine. Your fellow exercisers will appreciate it! :-)
Momentum Fit Studio Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Where is the Momentum Fit Studio located?
A: The Momentum Fit Studio is located at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital (CRCH) on the 1st floor.
Q: Where are the shower and changing rooms located?
A: It is located on the 1st floor of Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital, to the left of the entrance to the Momentum Fit Studio.
Q: How do I obtain access to use the Momentum Fit Studio?
A: If you do not have fitness center privileges, please visit the Student Affairs office on the 4th floor to fill out the necessary paperwork.