You hold the key to changing your future!
Are you ready for an exciting career in Healthcare? Let us help! Jefferson College offers many exciting online programs that can jumpstart your future and give you the career of your dreams – all in a flexible format that fits your life and schedule.
Let’s get started!
Change cannot occur without motivation and action to take you to the next step. You know you are ready to begin your college education, but what’s next?
- Educate yourself on what going to college involves.
Often the hardest part of making a change is the unknown. Contact one of our knowledgeable Admissions Counselors who will be happy to answer your questions about earning a degree, as well as what the future holds after receiving your education!
- Determine if online learning is right for you.
As an online student, you must take responsibility for your learning. It is important to be self-motivated, comfortable with technology, and able to manage your time. Take the Jefferson Online Learning Readiness Questionnaire to find out if online learning is right for you.
- Apply to the program that meets your future career goals.
Discuss with an Admissions Counselor what course of study will help you achieve the goals you desire.
- Review and submit your admission requirements.
Admission requirements are different for each program.Make sure you have followed the specific requirements for your program of interest by viewing a list of our programs.
- Determine how you plan to finance your education.
Whether you are planning to use financial aid, corporate tuition assistance, or another means of payment, contact a Financial Aid Counselor to discuss how you can plan ahead for your tuition costs.
- While we process your application:
- Create a Self-Service account to access Jefferson’s student information system. Your account information and instructions will be sent to the personal email address you provided on your application. This email could take up to a week to reach you, so please check your email daily.
- Complete your FAFSA to apply for Financial Aid.
- Review the required Health Record forms.
You’ve been accepted! Now what?
- Pay your deposit to secure a spot in your program.
After you deposit, you will receive a letter in the mail from the program in which you are accepted. This letter will provide information about your Academic Advisor, as well as information about how and when to register for classes.
- Order your books through the Jefferson College Bookstore.
- Follow through with your plan.
If you are ever in need of assistance, please don’t hesitate to speak with your Academic Advisor. The resources that Jefferson Online provides will help you achieve your life and career goals.
Blackboard, Self-Service, and Email
After you have deposited with Jefferson, you will receive account information with instructions on how to login to your Blackboard and Jefferson College email accounts. This information will be sent to the personal email address you used when completing your application. This email could take up to a week to reach you, so please check your email daily. If you do not receive this email, please contact the Technology Service Center at (540) 224-1599 or call toll free at 1-800-354-1599.
- What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is an online learning management system used by Jefferson College and it functions as your virtual classroom. View these short video tutorials for more information.
- What is Self- Service?
Self-Service is a secure web-based application that provides you with access to student services information, such as course schedules and grades. You will use Self-Service to register for classes, check midterm and final grades, and request transcripts.
- Check out the Recommended Computer Specifications for detailed technology requirements.
- What if I need further technical assistance?
The Technology Service Center is available 24x7x365 for your academic technology needs, such as Blackboard and email. See the Academic Technology Department page for more information.