Health Focus of Southwest Virginia
Deadline: May 15, 2017 (Applications must be postmarked by deadline. No Exceptions.)
Amount Awarded: Varies
- 2017-2018 Health Focus Cover Letter
- 2017-2018 Health Focus Application
- 2017-2018 Nancy Lee Lucas Memorial Scholarship
General Information for Health Focus applicants:
- Must be accepted into a medical program
- Not taking any prerequisite courses (ex. Pre-Nursing or Pre-OT)
- Provide proof of financial need and potential for completing a health career program
- The vast majority of funds are awarded to Virginia residents and then to students attending Virginia schools.
- Student must pay back the unused portion of the award if he/she does not complete a health-related program.
- Your GPA must be 2.75 or better before being considered
General Information for Nancy Lee Lucas Memorial Scholarship applicants:
- Qualifying candidate(s) shall be a Registered Nurse(s) seeking certification in Wound Ostomy and Continence Nursing (must meet the requirements set forth by the WOCNCB for eligibility)
- Recipient must be a resident of Southwest Virginia
- Award shall be in an amount up to $2,500.00 and a check will be sent directly to the school. The award will be deposited into the students’ account and may only be applied toward tuition and fees.
- Applications must be postmarked by May 15, 2017.
Click here for more information about these scholarship opportunities.