Write-N-Cite is a utility that allows you to properly cite the references you use when writing your research papers. Write-N-Cite works with the RefWorks program to link the citations you use in your papers to your project bibliographies. It is designed primarily for use with MS Word and requires a quick, one-time download to your computer. When you login to RefWorks, you will find the Write-N-Cite download information under "Tools.? Once downloaded, Write-N-Cite will install a toolbar button in your MS Word program.
Basic Steps for Using Write-N-Cite:
1. Open MS Word and launch Write-N-Cite by clicking the toolbar button.
2. Login to Write-N-Cite using your RefWorks login and password.
3. Set your cursor at the point in your paper where you want to insert a citation. (Allow a single space beyond the last letter of text and do not type a period or other punctuation mark at the end of your sentence).
4. Switch to Write-N-Cite and select ?cite? beside the reference you are citing.
5. Continue this process of inserting citations throughout the body of your paper. (Don't worry about the extra punctuation marks; they will disappear in the final version).
6. When you"re finished composing your paper, click the ?Bibliography? button.
7. Select the correct ?output style? (i.e. APA) and click ?Create Bibliography.?
8. Carefully check your paper to ensure that spacing and punctuation for all citations are correct.
9. Review your bibliography to ensure that all citations are without errors.
10. Your work will be saved with the word ?final? at the beginning of the file name.
Note: Write-N-Cite is not a substitute for your citation style manual. It is designed to make the insertion of citations in your papers easier but you are still required to carefully review your work before final submission.