E2 Campus Security System in Place to Alert Our Students in Emergency Situations
In September 2007, we implemented a new system to keep the JCHS community informed of breaking news during emergency situations. The E2 Campus Alert System allows JCHS students, faculty and staff to opt-in to an alert system that delivers important notices to their cell phones as text messages. The Campus Alert System Policy defines emergency situations as:
- Fatal or life threatening accidents occurring on a campus, involving students, employees or members of the public when injuries require medical attention.
- Violence of a major nature, occurring on or in close proximity to College property, which might endanger life or interfere with College activities.
- Reports of illness, involving humans or an epidemic or pandemic nature.
- Reports of outbreaks of illness or injury due to food poisoning or consumption of similar products distributed on College property.
- Environmental incidents, including major spills or major air emissions.
- Natural disasters, including fire, flood, hurricane, or tornado or other weather-related closings.
- Other timely warning notifications covered under the Cleary Act or notifications deemed appropriate by the President.
Students, faculty and staff are not required to participate, but are encouraged to do so to protect yourself and others around you in case of emergency. Please note that by opting into this service, you may incur charges if your cell phone provider charges for incoming text messages.
For more information about the e2 Campus Alert System and to sign up for this service, visit the e2 Campus website by clicking here.
| What Other Steps is JCHS Taking to Ensure the Safety of Our Faculty, Staff and Students?
- All entry into the Reid Center is restricted to the front door after 8 p.m. every night.
- Residents of the dormitories must have a key to gain entrance to the top three floors of the Reid Center.
- All faculty, staff and students are required to wear a badge identifying them by name, position and department.
- All visitors to our buildings are required to sign in and visitors to residents must be escorted by residents into the building.
- A security guard is posted in the lobby of the Reid Center 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The security guards use video monitoring to watch almost every hallway and parking lot in and around the Reid Center.
Visit the JCHS Campus Safety Awareness webpage to learn more about safety at our school.