- First, inform the student (in person) that you are referring him/her to PASS.
- If the student is dismissed from the program, make sure to refer him/her to the Department of Student Affairs for advising. One of the counselors will work with the student and help him/her develop a plan.
- NOTE: Be sure to pick an appropriate time and place to inform the student that you are referring them to PASS. Don’t tell students in front of other students or faculty.
- Emphasize to the student that the referral is not a punishment in any way but instead an opportunity to get access to a variety of helpful resources.
- Below are directions for how make referrals to PASS using Starfish.
· Log into Starfish
· Click on “My Students”
· Choose the connection you want to use e.g. your role of JCHS Academic Advisor or the course you are teaching. Click the dropdown arrow to view which roles you have.
· Once you choose the connection you need to make sure to choose the current term. Use the dropdown arrow to choose the correct term.
· From the list of students click on the check box in front of the student you wish to raise a flag or referral on.
· Choose the Refer icon in the menu bar and then select the PASS referral.
- Once you raise the referral in Starfish an email notification will be sent to the student. This email has a brief description of the PASS program and instructions for how to make a PASS appointment.