Register Now for the "Intimate Partner Violence 101" Workshop
Friday, Jan. 28, 2011
JCHS and the VOICE (Violence Can End) Program are hosting the Family Violence Coordinating Council’s, “Intimate Partner Violence 101: An Introduction to Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking” on Friday, Jan. 28, 2011 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The workshop will be held on the JCHS campus in Room 617 at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital, 101 Elm Avenue, Roanoke, Virginia.
This event is open to the public and all JCHS students, faculty and staff are encouraged to participate. Training topics will include:
· An overview of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking
· Post separation violence
· Batterer’s intervention
· The effects of domestic violence on children
· Medical/forensic issues associated with domestic violence and sexual assault
· Legal perspectives involving family abuse protective orders, stalking, domestic violence and sexual assault
· Coordinated community response
Box lunches will be provided during the event. There is a $12 registration fee to cover the cost of the lunch.
For more information, contact Sara Cole, Council of Community Services, at (540) 985-0131, ext. 205, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you may contact Sarah Higginbotham, JCHS VOICE Program Coordinator, at (540) 985-9711 or via e-mail at email@example.com.