Jefferson College of Health Sciences 2012 Research Finale
Please join us for our Third Annual Jefferson College of Health Sciences Research Finale. This event features both poster and oral presentations from students and faculty who have conducted research and scholarly work during the 2011-2012 academic year. The atmosphere is informal and the audience is encouraged to participate in discussion.
The Research Finale event will take place on Monday, April 30, 2012 from 12 to 3 p.m. on the JCHS campus at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital (CRCH), Room 617. All JCHS students, faculty and staff are invited, as well as our colleagues from Carilion Clinic and its affiliates. Please see the full agenda below for details on locations and times for each activity.
Research Finale Schedule:
· 12-12:30 p.m. — Announcements, Faculty Award for Research Excellence,
Faculty Excellence Awards for Advising, Teaching and Scholarship
· 12:30-1:30 p.m. — Oral Presentations:
- Dr. Glenn Kent—Triune Health: The Psychology of Eating
- Dr. Allison Bowersock—Influences of Medical Residents’ Attitudes and Behaviors on their Communication Skills and Counseling Practices
- Mr. Jonathan Childress: Molecular Organization of Novel Beta-lactamase Gene: bla-OXA23-like with Respect to Insertional Sequence Element ISAbal
- Mr. Oleg Uryasev: Efficacy of a Novel Clinical-Ultrasonographic Method for Detection of Knee Joint Effusions
· 1:30-3 p.m. — Poster Presentations from JCHS/Carilion/VTCSOM
students and faculty
Topics will include:
- Health promotion practices
- Enzyme linked immuno assays
- Quality improvements in hypertensive compliance
- Academic integrity
- Interdisciplinary Simulation
- And many more!
For more information about the JCHS 2011-2012 Research Finale, contact Stuart Tousman, Professor in the JCHS Health Psychology Program, at email@example.com or (540) 985-8371.