Summer hours begin Monday, May 6th:
|Mon-Fri||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Fall semester hours will begin on Tuesday, August 20th.
Fall and Spring Semesters:
|Mon-Thurs||7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||1 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
Have a question? Ask us!
For immediate assistance during library hours call:
Service Desk: (540) 985-9767
Reference Assistance: (540) 224-4894
Or visit our Staff Directory page.
Promote the educational success of our organization and improve the health of the community we serve by advancing scholarly research and providing the highest quality information, services, and resources.
Who may check out materials?
- JCHS students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Carilion employees
- VTC School of Medicine students, faculty, and staff
- Roanoke College and Hollins University Students
- Books from the regular collection may be checked out for four weeks.
- Books may be renewed once.
- Reference Books, and Reserve Materials, Journals, and items from Special Collections and Archives are for use only in the JCHS Library.
- Faculty are permitted to check out audiovisual equipment, videos, DVDs and computer files.
- Students needing to use audiovisual equipment must see the Library staff for specific policies regarding their use.
- JCHS students and faculty may also check out books from Carilion Health Sciences Library located at CRMH.
JCHS students and faculty have check out privileges at both Hollins University and Roanoke College.
Items may be checked out for four weeks and may be renewed. Any materials checked out must be returned directly to the lending library.
Search the Hollins University / Roanoke College Catalog.
The JCHS Library staff works directly with faculty members and program directors to further collection development for each program of study at the College. The Library staff makes recommendations to College faculty for the acquisition of books, media, and journals and responds to faculty and staff requests for these materials. Please consult with a Library staff member regarding purchasing of these materials and collection development; or submit a Book/Media request form.