Due to the clinical nature of Jefferson College of Health Sciences, health records are a vital part of student success.
- All students must complete the Student Health Packet.
- Students entering about to start clinical rotations must complete the Clinical Packet.
- Students can access the Carilion Student Orientation here.
Failure to complete and turn in health records prior to deadlines will result in the inability to register for classes and/or attend clinical rotations. All questions concerning health records should be directed to Tracy Jones at (540) 985-8501 or email@example.com.
Here are more resources to help you complete the packets:
CPR CLASSES AVAILABLE FOR JEFFERSON STUDENTS
A number of CPR course opportunities have been arranged specifically for the Jefferson College students over each semester. All classes will be held at 933 S. Jefferson (Carilion Life Support Institute) and be scheduled 6 - 10:30 p.m. To register for a course, call Carilion Direct at (540) 266-6000. They will need to let the operator know they are a Jefferson College student. There are only 18 spaces available per date, so register EARLY. This class is FREE for students, but the book is still required to complete the course. Once you register, you will receive an email with details on different ways to obtain a book for the class.
Fall 2018 classes are still being determined.
An additional option is being offered in fall 2018. Students may register for IDS 112. There are two (2) sections, lasting one (1) day each. Students will obtain BLS and First Aid certification as a component of this one (1) credit course.
NEED A COPY OF ANY OF YOUR HEALTH OR CLINICAL RECORDS?
Do We Have Them?
- Past Students from 2017 – Current Students: Your records will be on a 10-year retention schedule. As long as it has been less than 10 years since you last attended Jefferson, we have your records.
- Past Students from 2011 – 2016: Your records are on a 7-year retention schedule, so as long as it has been less than 7 years since you last attended Jefferson, we have your records.
- Past Students from 2010 or before: I am sorry, but your files have been purged. Students that left the college before 2017 had a required retention record of 7 years, which has now passed.
How Do I Request Them?
- Get the Authorization to Release form.
- Stop by the Health Records office on the 4th floor of the College.
- E-mail/fax/call the Health Records Specialist to get a copy emailed or faxed to you.
- Download the Authorization for Release form below.
- Fill out the form.
- Return the form to the Health Records Specialist via fax, the online portal, or in-person.
- DO NOT E-MAIL the form back, as it could be an unsecure method.
- Allow 24-48 hours for records to be ready.
What Methods Can Be Used to Receive Them?
- Pick up in person