Due to the clinical nature of Jefferson College of Health Sciences, health records are a vital part of student success.
- All students must complete the Student Health Packet.
- Students entering about to start clinical rotations must complete the Clinical Packet.
- Students can access the Carilion Student Orientation here.
Failure to complete and turn in health records prior to deadlines will result in the inability to register for classes and/or attend clinical rotations. All questions concerning health records should be directed to Tracy Jones at (540) 985-8501 or email@example.com.
Here are more resources to help you complete the packets:
CPR Classes Available for Jefferson Students
Basic Life Support (also known as CPR) is a requirement for all students participating in clinical experiences at Jefferson College. In years past, acquiring this training has been cumbersome for students and we would like to change that!
Starting August 18, 2018, the Emergency Services Program will offer FREE American Heart Association Basic Life Support courses on a regular basis to Jefferson College students, faculty and staff! This training provides a 2-year certification that meets the clinical participation requirements.
Registration is simple:
- Log in to “Starfish” and go to the “Services” tab.
- At the top of the page, you will see “BLS (Basic Life Support)”.
- Click on “Schedule Appointment”
- The dates in “bold” are scheduled classes. Click on a date that meets your needs.
- Click “Sign up” and follow the prompts.
It’s that simple!
For your convenience, the course dates for the Fall semester are:
- Saturday, August 18, 2018, 9 a.m.–1 p.m. (limit 50)
- Thursday, August 30, 2018, 6 – 10 p.m. (limit 16)
- Monday, September 17, 2018, 6 – 10 p.m. (limit 16)
- Thursday, October 11, 2018, 6 – 10 p.m. (limit 16)
- Monday, October 29, 2018, 6 – 10 p.m. (limit 16)
- Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 6 – 10 p.m. (limit 16)
We understand that “life happens” and you can cancel up to 24 hours before the start of the course through Starfish or by contacting us. If you do not attend and do not cancel in time, you will be subject to a $50 no-show fee, payable to the Jefferson College Bursar’s Office.
If you have any questions, you can contact:
Need a copy of any of your health or clinical records?
Do We Have Them?
- Past Students from 2017 – Current Students: Your records will be on a 10-year retention schedule. As long as it has been less than 10 years since you last attended Jefferson, we have your records.
- Past Students from 2011 – 2016: Your records are on a 7-year retention schedule, so as long as it has been less than 7 years since you last attended Jefferson, we have your records.
- Past Students from 2010 or before: I am sorry, but your files have been purged. Students that left the college before 2017 had a required retention record of 7 years, which has now passed.
How Do I Request Them?
- Get the Authorization to Release form.
- Stop by the Health Records office on the 4th floor of the College.
- E-mail/fax/call the Health Records Specialist to get a copy emailed or faxed to you.
- Download the Authorization for Release form below.
- Fill out the form.
- Return the form to the Health Records Specialist via fax, the online portal, or in-person.
- DO NOT E-MAIL the form back, as it could be an unsecure method.
- Allow 24-48 hours for records to be ready.
What Methods Can Be Used to Receive Them?
- Pick up in person