Welcome to Jefferson College of Health Sciences! Our sole mission is to help you achieve your education and career goals. We can’t wait to get started.
Convocation Ceremony and New Student Orientation
When: Friday, August 17, 2018
Where: Berglund Center (710 Williamson Rd NE, Roanoke, VA 24016)
Time: Doors open at 7:30 a.m. Convocation begins promptly at 8:30 a.m., with New Student Orientation following. Both programs will conclude by noon.
Attire: business casual
New undergraduate and graduate students starting the Fall 2018 semester are required. (Select online programs are exempt from orientation. See below.)
What you need to know:
- Prior to arriving: All new students are required to complete the online Jefferson Success Modules. This course will give you an overview of the services available to you at the College. You can access this course in Blackboard. If you have difficulty with your email or Blackboard accounts, please call the Help Desk at 540-224-1599.
- Orientation is mandatory, students do not need to register in advance.
- Seating is limited. As such, orientation is for students only — no parents, children or friends will be admitted.
- Brunch is served.
- You’ll have the chance to get your student ID badge and parking permit from Student Affairs (4th floor). Please expect a line during peak times:
— Hours: 8 am to 1 pm, 3 to 5 pm, Monday to Friday
— Bring a photo ID with you.
— You must know your license plate number and vehicle information to register for a parking permit.
- If you are interested in meeting with your advisor or professors during these open-house periods, please contact them or your department secretary directly to make an appointment.
Anyone enrolled in the following online programs must complete the Jefferson Success Modules but are exempt from the on-campus orientation:
- Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Administration
- RN- BSN Program
- MSN Program
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Doctor of Nursing Practice