Click on a link to learn more!
- Monthly Sales and Specials at the Bookstore
- Order Your Textbooks from the Virtual Bookstore
- Bookstore FAQs
- Graduation Regalia Ordering
- Payment Methods
- Information for Faculty
- Contact the Bookstore
- June 6-10: Buy a Jefferson College logo item at regular price get the second logo item of equal or less value for 20% off.
- June 13-17: Come in this week and check out our new Dad tees, Jefferson College Dad decals, Dad Tervis Tumblers and more. Get your perfect gift for Father’s Day!
- June 20-24: Stop in and check out new products including summer snoozies, Naked Bee items, candle warmers, canvases, signs and more!
- June 27- July 1: School spirit! Wear your school colors in the Bookstore and receive 10% off your TOTAL purchase! (Offer excludes college supplies, candy/drinks.)
We have something for everyone: students, faculty, staff, alumni, Carilion staff, etc. Exciting new products arrive regularly and we hope you will join us!
Also, we want to hear from YOU! If you have suggestions about products YOU want us to carry in the Bookstore, contact us at (540) 985-8296 or stop by and see us!
A new and easy way to order your textbooks online!
Click on a link below to jump to a question and answer.
- Where can I buy books for my classes?
- What are the advantages of using the Virtual Bookstore?
- How do I know if the Virtual Bookstore has my textbook in stock?
- How early should I buy my textbooks/course material through the Virtual Bookstore?
- How are delivery times calculated for my Virtual Bookstore order?
- How do I track my order?
- How much can I expect to pay for my course material?
- What options do I have to pay for my course materials?
- Can I purchase books using financial aid?
- Can I return a book for a refund?
- When can I sell my used textbooks for cash?
- Need help?
Where can I buy books for my classes?
All textbooks are now purchased through the Virtual Bookstore. You can order using your personal computer or devices, or via a kiosk that is located in the Jefferson College Bookstore. The textbooks you order will then be shipped directly to you. No physical textbooks will be kept or sold through the Jefferson College Bookstore. For more information on how to order books, you can download a step-by-step guide by clicking here.
- Students can purchase textbooks using their available financial aid funds.
- Lots of purchasing options with new, used, rental and e-books available.
- Free shipping on orders $59 or more (excludes Marketplace orders.)
- One-stop shopping for all your textbooks needs with 24/7 ordering.
- Textbooks are delivered right to your door.
- The ability to sell back your textbooks to the Virtual Bookstore.
- Customer service is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free 877-284-6744.
- In Stock - item ships the next business day or is held for you if your order is marked to ship when “all items are available.”
- Ships in XXXX Business Days - this refers to the amount of time we need to get the item from the publisher or distributor so we can then ship it to you. May be 2-3, 3-5, 5-7, 8-10.
- Special Order - this may be an out of print or hard to find book. We will do our best to find it for you but cannot guarantee that we will be able to find a copy or how long it might take.
Click here for more information regarding item availability.
How early should I buy my textbooks/course material through the Virtual Bookstore?
We encourage students to order early enough to have their books on the first day of the class. To take advantage of the free or reduced economy shipping offered by the Virtual Bookstore, we recommend placing your order 10-12 days before the class starts. Order times can be reduced if you are willing to pay additional shipping fees for standard or express delivery. Click here for more information regarding shipping costs and order times.
How are delivery times calculated for my Virtual Bookstore order?
In-Stock orders are processed for shipping in 1-2 business days. Orders placed after 11am EST will not be processed until the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday. Orders will not be shipped or delivered on Saturdays and Sundays in most cases. Severe weather conditions may also add unexpected delays. To calculate when an item will be delivered, add the availability time of an item and the processing time to the delivery method time of the shipping option you selected.
Availability Time + Processing + Delivery method Ship time = Total Delivery Time
Example: A book that is available to ship in 2 to 3 days (appears as In Stock 2-3 days) and is sent via Standard Ground Shipping (usually takes 1-5 Business days) will arrive in a total of 5-10 business days.
When all or part of your order ships, you are emailed a shipment confirmation. This email contains your UPS/United Parcel Service tracking number or USPS/United States Postal Service delivery confirmation number. Your package tracking information is also available to you in the My Account section of your Virtual Bookstore. You may click on the tracking information link in either location to be linked to the USPS or UPS website.
How much can I expect to pay for my course material?
Your new Virtual Bookstore offers a variety of purchasing options. You can purchase your books in either new or used condition, as well as rent most textbooks. We offer eBooks and also a one-to-one Marketplace that can save you up to 90%!
- Financial Aid Voucher (see FAQ below)
Yes – By requesting a book voucher, you can charge book purchases to your student account prior to your financial aid being disbursed. The steps are as follows:
- Log in to Self Service to complete the Financial Aid Release form (located on the bottom of the first page of your Self-Service account.)
- Once Financial Aid funds are available, your Self-Service account will update with a red link “Federal Aid Book Voucher" on the first page.
- Click on the “Federal Aid Book Voucher” link and request the amount of your book voucher.
Can I return a book for a refund?
Virtual Bookstore offers those who purchase books 30 days from the start of class to receive a refund. For help returning your books to the Virtual Bookstore, please contact Customer Service at 877-284-6744 or email@example.com.
When can I sell my used textbooks for cash?
Virtual Bookstore usually does premium pricing for three weeks at the end of the semester. The dates for these buy back periods will be announced as we approach that time in the semester. However, you can always sell your books online through the Virtual Bookstore, any time of the year. To download a step-by-step guide, click here.
If you have questions about an order or need help with the Virtual Bookstore website, the Customer Service department is available 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday. They can be reached by telephone at 1-877-284-6744 or click here to email them.
Commencement regalia can be ordered and paid for online at the Oak Hall website via the links below:
The regalia will then be shipped to the Bookstore and everyone who ordered will be informed when it is ready for pickup.
The Bookstore accepts Cash, Checking/Debit Card, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.