Meet the Disability Services Counselor
Sarah Higginbotham, MSW
Phone: (540) 985-9711
Office: CRCH, RM 427
“We’re committed to serving our students. Let us work with you as you reach for your short- and long-term academic and career goals!”
Are You a New or Prospective Student?
Contact Sarah Higginbotham to schedule an introductory meeting. She’ll review your documents with you, and ensure your services are in place when classes begin.
What to bring:
- Individualized Education Plan written within the past year
- Psychological assessment performed by a licensed individual
- Verification of physical/medical condition form completed by treating physician
- Verification of Psychiatric Condition form completed by treating physician/psychiatrist
- Voluntary Disclosure form filled out by the student
Are You a Returning Student?
Contact Sarah Higginbotham to schedule an update meeting. She’ll help you verify that your documents are updated and current, and ensure your services are in place when classes begin.
What Accommodations Can You Expect?
Disability accommodations might include (but aren’t restricted to) low-distraction environments, extended time for testing or assignments, assistive technologies, one-on-one human support, and clinical accommodations (on a case-by-case basis).