Students come to Jefferson College for many reasons—high-quality healthcare education, top faculty, small class size, state-of-the-art labs, Carilion Clinic—but what they also find is a rich culture, active lifestyle, and people passionate about what they love to do, whether it’s in the operating room or on the Appalachian trail.
When we say there’s something for everyone, we mean it.
Here’s a quick look at some of the regular activities our students take advantage of in their downtime.
Official policies and information for students can be found on our Student Handbook.
Clubs and organizations are a fantastic way to get involved. You’ll connect with classmates both in your area of study as well as other disciplines, faculty, and the community.
Clubs and organizations allow you to dig in deeper to what you’re interested in, explore something new, or if you don’t see something that’s a fit, you can even start your own. Here are a few of our organizations:
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- CPT Sean Grimes PA (Physician Assistant) Student Society
- EKG (Extra-Kurricular Gaming Society)
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
- Medical Laboratory Sciences Club
- Minds Over Matter
- Residence Hall Association (RHA)
- Roanoke Interprofessional Collaborative (RIPC)
- ROOTS (Remembering Our Origins Through Student Diversity)
- Student Alliance for Equality: An LGBTQ+ Collaboration (SAFE)
- Student Nurses' Association (SNA)
- Students of Occupational Therapy Assistants Program (SOTA)
- Students of Respiratory Therapy Association (SRTA)
- Student Senate
As a health sciences college, health and wellness is in our DNA. Many students take advantage of the miles of stunning hiking trails, biking, road races, and more.
Our Fitness Center, called The Momentum Fit Studio, also gives students a more traditional gym environment with classes and equipment. The Fitness Center is located at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital (CRCH) on the 1st floor.
Our downtown location and access to culture in and around Roanoke gives our students the advantage to enhance their education with culture and arts. You’ll find an amazing collection of restaurants, shops, museums, galleries, concert venues, and more!
Check out Downtown Roanoke Incorporated for a complete list of resources and events.