Below is information about diplomas and honors for graduates at Jefferson College of Health Sciences. If you have a question that is not addressed on this page, Call the Office of the Registrar at (540) 224-4492 or the Office of Communications & College Relations at (540) 985-9031.
Click on a link below to skip to a question and answer.
- What are graduation honors?
- When do I find out about honors?
- What if I choose not to participate in commencement?
- Why would I receive a diploma folder with no diploma in it?
- What size will my diploma be?
- How can I order my official transcripts?
- Cum Laude - cumulative GPA of 3.400-3.599
- Magna Cum Laude - cumulative GPA of 3.600-3.799
- Summa Cum Laude - cumulative GPA of 3.800-4.000
- You should be able to check Self Service for your cumulative GPA the day before Commencement.
- Honor cords will be distributed during the line-up at graduation.
- Honors will be announced with the student’s name during the ceremony. Honor cords are worn over the regalia.
Please notify the Registrar at (540) 985-8108 by April 30. Provided there are no holds on your student account, your diploma may be available for pick up in the Registrar’s Office on Monday following the ceremony. Or, you may give the registrar a mailing address to have it sent to you.
Various reasons include but are not limited to:
- You may owe money,
- Your electronic clearance requirements were missing or incomplete.
- You may have a grade of “Incomplete.”
From the outside your diploma folder will look like everyone else’s as you walk across the stage and receive it. The inside will indicate the reason for the missing diploma.
- Masters and Bachelors- 14” x 11”
- Associate- 8 ½” x 11”