Please note: Applicants to the JCHS Physician Assistant Program do not use this application, but must apply through CASPA (Central Application Service for Physician Assistants) at https://portal.caspaonline.org.
Click Here to Apply Online.
We encourage our prospective graduate students to Apply Online (which has no application fee). However, if you require assistance or need a paper copy of the application (which requires a $35 application fee), please call us at (888) 985-8483 or (540) 985-8483.
Click here to skip to the downloadable forms located at the bottom of this page.
The application process allows the applicant to manage the collection and submission of all supporting documentation required for application to the Graduate Program. In this way, the applicant is assured that the application is complete (with the exception of test scores). Please submit the requested documentation in a single envelope to:
Graduate Admissions Office
Jefferson College of Health Sciences
101 Elm Avenue, SE
Roanoke, VA 24013
A completed application must include the following:
Both the MSN and MSOT programs require the following supporting documentation:
- The submitted Application for Admission, completed and (digitally online) signed.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities in which you have enrolled.
- Completed Recommendation Forms (available on this site) from three individuals who are knowledgeable regarding your suitability for graduate work.
- International Applicants only: those international applicants who request an I-20, must pay an International Application fee of $250 and submit official international transcripts that display the college or university?s official stamp or seal. The applicant also must have an evaluation of the international transcripts, completed by a foreign credential evaluation service and sent by the service to Jefferson College of Health Sciences. To receive a list of recommended services, please send an e-mail request to email@example.com. English proficiency must be demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL Score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 80 (web-based). Documentation from the applicant's financial institution certifying that all financial responsibilities will be met must be included. A completed Health Form, available electronically upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org, must be included.
Additional supporting material required for the MSN program:
- A résumé.
- Official scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) (the JCHS school code is 2522). The Miller Analogies Test is offered at the Roanoke Higher Education Center (www.education.edu). To schedule a test, please contact Carla James, Director of Academic & Student Services at (540) 767-6010.
Additional supporting material required for the MSOT program:
An essay (double-spaced, 12-point font), which includes a discussion of your personal contact with the world of health and human services (volunteer work, family health, personal experience with injury or disease) and the process that you used in deciding to pursue a career in OT.
Official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (the JCHS school code is 5099).
- Graduate Recommendation Form (.pdf)
- Graduate Recommendation Form (.doc)
- Graduate Program Application (.pdf)
- Graduate Program Application (.doc)
- Graduate Transcript Request Form (.pdf)
- Graduate Transcript Request Form (.doc)