Promote the educational success of our organization and improve the health of the community we serve by advancing scholarly research and providing the highest quality information, services, and resources.
Who may check out materials?
- JCHS students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Carilion employees
- VTC School of Medicine students, faculty, and staff
- Roanoke College and Hollins University Students
Check Out Policies
- Books from the regular collection may be checked out for four weeks.
- Books may be renewed once.
- Reference Books, Reserve Materials, Journals, and items from Special Collections and Archives are for use only in the JCHS Library.
- Faculty are permitted to check out audiovisual equipment, videos, DVDs and computer files.
- Students needing to use audiovisual equipment must see the Library staff for specific policies regarding their use.
- JCHS students and faculty may also check out books from Carilion Health Sciences Library located at CRMH.
Reciprocal Library Agreements
JCHS students and faculty have check out privileges at both Hollins University and Roanoke College.
Items may be checked out for four weeks and may be renewed. Any materials checked out must be returned directly to the lending library.
Search the Hollins University / Roanoke College Catalog.
The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17 United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproduction of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any other purpose than private study, scholarship or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "Fair Use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
Title 37 Code of Federal Regulations § 201.14 Warnings of Copyright for Use by Certain Libraries and Archives. See also Title 37 Code of Federal Regulations, § 201.20 Methods of Affixation and Positions of the Copyright Notices on Various Types of Works and Title 17 of the United States Code, § 107-110 and § 401(c), as amended by Pub. L. 94-553.
Visit the how-to guide on Copyright and Fair Use for more information.