NAVPA Scholarship Program
Deadline: January 13, 2017
Amount Awarded: $500
The purpose of the NAVPA National Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to veteran, service member and dependent students who are pursuing undergraduate, graduate and alternative certification at NAVPA member institutions.
General Eligibility Criteria:
Each applicant must meet all of the following eligibility requirements.
- Currently attend a NAVPA member institution. Please refer to http://navpa.org/member-institutions-by-state/for a list of member institutions or ask your School Veterans Administrator.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible U.S. permanent resident.
- Be an Honorably Discharged U.S. Military Veteran, Active Duty, Reserve or Guard member, or a Dependent of Veteran or Service member.
- Are pursuing a career in the humanities.
- Be in good academic standing with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete prerequisite essay, not to exceed two pages.
- Be enrolled in and maintain attendance at full time rate at a NAVPA member approved college or university during the fall 2016 semester/quarter.
- Have earned a minimum of 12 college credit hours by the end of the fall 2016 semester/quarter. For alternative certification/post-baccalaureate program applicants, credits may be from their bachelor’s degree program course of study.