Tobacco Region Forgivable Loan Program
Deadline: Applications are available from April 10, 2017 to May 12, 2017.
Deadline for Supporting Documents: May 26, 2017.
Amount Awarded: $90 per credit hour
Residents of the counties shaded in blue and brown are eligible to apply for assistance through the Tobacco Region Scholarship Program. Residents of the counties shaded in yellow are not eligible to apply.
- A legal resident of the United States, having lived in the Southside/Southwest Virginia region for no less than 12 months with no ties to any other state.
- Residency is defined as having lived in an established domicile as defined by §23-7.4 of the Code of Virginia.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 semester or 6 quarter hours in a Bachelor's Degree Program at an accredited 4-year college or university, public or private, in-state or out-of-state.
- Two-year programs at a 4-year college or university are acceptable if not offered by the Virginia community college that serves the applicant.
- Maintain good standing with the college or university.