Veteran & Active Military Resources: Doumentation for Military Benefits

  • Service Members & Veterans: submit copy of DD-214*, Discharge Certificate, Military Orders*, Retirement Certificate, or Military End of Month LES*.  (Only one document is required)
  • Military Spouses: Copy of Marriage Certificate or License with one of your spouse’s military documents.
  • DoD Employees: DoD End of Month LES*, official memo/letter stating current employment with DoD agency or Notification of Personnel Action (SF50).

*Must be most current DD-214, End of Month LES, or orders.

Benefits are awarded once acceptable documentation is received and reviewed by Jefferson College. Benefits are not awarded retroactively.

Please e-mail or fax a copy of the documentation mentioned above to the Jefferson College Office of the Registrar for review:


Fax: (540) 224-4562

Please note: Due to government regulations we are unable to accept military ID cards for verification of military service. You may black-out any sensitive information on orders, LES, or other military documents submitted.